Ikouii Instructor Terms
These Instructor Terms were last updated October 20, 2022
When you sign up to become an instructor on the The Ikouii Creative platform, you agree to abide by the Ikouii Instructor Terms (“Terms“). These Terms cover details about the aspects of the The Ikouii Creative platform relevant to instructors. As an instructor, you are contracting directly with The Ikouii Creative, regardless of whether another The Ikouii Creative subsidiary facilitates payments to you.
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, labs, assessments, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information.
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize The Ikouii Creative to use your Submitted Content as specified in these Terms.
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or content; or
- abuse The Ikouii Creative resources.
License to The Ikouii Creative
You grant The Ikouii Creative the rights to offer, market, and otherwise exploit your Submitted Content. This includes the right to add captions or otherwise modify Submitted Content to ensure accessibility. You also authorize The Ikouii Creative to sub-license these rights to your Submitted Content to third parties, including to students directly and through third parties such as resellers, distributors, affiliate sites, deal sites, and paid advertising on third-party platforms.
We may record and use all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant The Ikouii Creative permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or The Ikouii Creative’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Trust & Safety
We reserve the right to remove content, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- content falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on The Ikouii Creative or bring The Ikouii Creative into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates The Ikouii Creative’s policies;
- an instructor uses the Services in a way that constitutes unfair competition, such as promotion of their off-site business in a way that violates The Ikouii Creative’s policies; or
- as determined by The Ikouii Creative in its sole discretion.
Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the The Ikouii Creative platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the The Ikouii Creative platform. You agree to indemnify The Ikouii Creative against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your content from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint The Ikouii Creative and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your content, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant The Ikouii Creative and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
When creating Submitted Content available for purchase on The Ikouii Creative, you will select a price for your Submitted Content. When a student purchase using a foreign currency, we will convert the Price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by The Ikouii Creative.
You give us permission to share your Submitted Content for free in cases where we need to restore access to accounts who have previously purchased your Submitted Content. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
The Ikouii Creative makes all instructor payments in U.S. dollars (USD) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. The Ikouii Creative is not responsible for your foreign currency conversion fees, wiring fees, or any other processing fees that you may incur. Your revenue report will show the sales price (in local currency) and your converted revenue amount (in USD). The Ikouii Creative retains 40% from all course sales.
The Ikouii Creative platform allows you to generate coupon codes to offer certain items of your Submitted Content to students at a discount, at The Ikouii Creative’s current price, or for free, as permitted within the Services. These coupon codes are subject to limits, and you may not sell them on third-party websites or otherwise offer them in exchange for compensation.
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or U.S. bank account (for U.S. residents only) in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. You must also provide any identifying information or tax documentation (such as a W-9 or W-8) necessary for payment of amounts due, and you agree that we have the right to withhold appropriate taxes from your payments. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a refund. Instructors will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted. If a student asks for a refund for a valid reason after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s Submitted Content.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our images and content where we authorize you to do so.
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your Submitted Content available on The Ikouii Creative or your participation on The Ikouii Creative
- and immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your Submitted Content or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
Deleting Your Account
To delete your account, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your Submitted Content, your name and that Submitted Content may remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and The Ikouii Creative reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than English is provided for convenience and you understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
How to Contact Us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact us at email@example.com