Come inside this solo exhibition that re-imagines mobility by A. Laura Brody. Visitors will engage their sights in the flowing shapes of Art Nouveau, the embellishments of the Victorians and the line quality of Klimt and Schiele. These sculptures were conceived with a commitment to social justice and are inspired by the spirit of scientific discovery. The works within this exhibition were meant to encourage conversation and to inspire radical rethinking of the meanings of disability and adaptive aids.
- In News/AnnouncementThe Ikouii Creative announces the appointment of Founder, Aleatha Lindsay as a member of the Board of Directors at Kickstart Disability Arts & Culture. Lindsay who was nominated and voted onto the board unanimously, will serve at Kickstart on a two-year term.
- In News/AnnouncementThe Ikouii Creative presents BLUEISH, a pop up virtual exhibition featuring artwork inspired by the color blue. This exhibition examines the color’s global similarities, its impact on society, and unique meanings across cultures. While most colors conjure tangibles (a red rose, orange fruit, yellow lemon, or green grass), blue often brings to mind the sea and sky, and the dreamy space where the two meet. Blue transcends cultural boundaries and is considered a color of calm worldwide. It can soothe us the way sitting in the sand to watch gentle waves wash ashore soothes us. Blue is said to be the most popular color on the spectrum.
- In ArtWe are saddened by the passing of Ikouii Artist, Angelo Micheal Butler-Ricks. A founding member, Angelo was an accomplished actor, dancer, choreographer, songwriter, and ASL performance artist. Angelo founded the groundbreaking performance art event ASL Jams Night Atlanta, which invited […]
- In ArtThe Ikouii Creative is now accepting submissions for the 2nd Edition of INSIDE THEIR STUDIO. The book project which began in 2019, brought together 30 artists from 10 different countries. The publication drew together a range of practices and provided a rare glimpse into the artists studio practices, inspirations and personal journeys. Since its release in 2020, the book has been sold worldwide in 13 countries. It is included in several universities and libraries across the United States.
- In ArtVanessa Hernández Cruz is an emerging Chicana disabled dancer, choreographer, filmmaker, poet & activist. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She received her Associates Degree in Dance from Santa Monica College. She recently graduated from California State […]