The Ikouii Creative is now accepting submissions for the 2nd Edition of INSIDE THEIR STUDIO. The book project which began in 2019, brought together 30 artists from 10 different countries. The publication drew together a range of practices and provided a rare glimpse into the artists studio practices, inspirations and personal journeys. Since its release in 2020, the book has been sold worldwide in 13 countries. It is included in several universities and libraries across the United States.
- In ArtVanessa Hernández Cruz is an emerging Chicana disabled dancer, choreographer, filmmaker, poet & activist. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She received her Associates Degree in Dance from Santa Monica College. She recently graduated from California State […]
- In Call for ArtBLUEISH – A pop up virtual exhibition featuring artwork inspired by the color blue. This exhibition examines the color’s global similarities, its impact on society, and unique meanings across cultures. While most colors conjure tangibles (a red rose, orange fruit, […]
- In News/AnnouncementThe Ikouii Creative is thrilled to announce the winners of the 3rd Annual IKOUII OPEN. This year's "Best in Show" award goes to A. Laura Brody of California. In her work, she sculpts for the human body and its vehicles. She developed and curates Opulent Mobility, a series of exhibits that re-imagine disability as opulent and powerful. Her art has been shown at ACE/121 Gallery, Brea Gallery, the Charles River Museum of Industry, Westbeth Center For the Arts, California State University Northridge, Gallery Expo, the Dora Stern Gallery at Arts Unbound, and The World of Wearable Art. Ms. Brody works as a professional costume maker and designer, an artist, and as a teacher. She is passionate about reuse, sustainability, and re-imagining disability.
- In News/AnnouncementThe 3rd Annual IKOUII OPEN opens virtually on Sunday, June 20th at 11am. It will be available for public viewing online at Ikouii.com. The Opening Reception & Artist Talk will stream LIVE on the Ikouii Facebook Page at 3pm Eastern Standard Time. The program will be hosted by Nupur Sachdeva, International Artist Liaison of The Ikouii Creative.
- In News/AnnouncementThe IKOUII OPEN 2021 will be hosted by Nupur Sachdeva, International Artist Liaison of The Ikouii Creative. Nupur is a visual and performance artist from Mumbai, India. She is a graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata and […]