Ikouii relies on community support for its mission to providing opportunities for artists with disabilities and transforming the cultural sector into a more inclusive and accessible space for all audiences
Ikouii depends on volunteers at our programming, events, and exhibitions. Volunteers assist with day to day tasks, event planning, Sign Language interpreting, and much more. In this way, we hope local residents, artists, craftspeople, retirees, and activists are empowered to bring access and inclusive attitudes to their communities. Since community building is complex and multi-faceted, whenever necessary, Ikouii Artists engage outside project partners with specialized expertise to address specific project needs.
Current VIRTUAL Volunteer Opportunities
- Figure Model/No Nudity: We welcome models of all shapes, sizes, abilities to model during our free one hour virtual drawing sessions. Models receive tips from participants. To participate, please send days/times of availability and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Image Description Writer (Virtual): Provide written image descriptions on Ikouii’s social media. This allows us to provide access to the visually impaired audience on Instagram and Facebook. Send two image description samples with images attached to email@example.com.
- Image Transcriber (Virtual): Lend your voice and provide audio image descriptions for video and image content during Ikouii’s exhibitions. This allows us to provide access to the visually impaired audience during virtual exhibitions. Send two image description samples with audio clips and links to original video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign Language Interpreter (Virtual): Bridge the communication gap for Deaf/HOH patrons, audiences, and participating artists during virtual Ikouii events. Email CV/Resume and availability to email@example.com.
- Social Media Assistant Coordinator: Do you love being social? Must be familiar with Facebook and Instagram, commit a minimum of 10 hours per month. Great but not required if you have graphic design and video editing skills. Email CV/Resume, links to accounts your manage currently, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations are a critical part of our organization’s success and impact. These funds allow us to cover administrative costs, provide artistic development opportunities, provide inclusive programming and events, and support the projects of Ikouii Artists. We also offer the option of monthly giving at Ikouii. By pledging to make a monthly gift, you provide dependable and life-changing resources to artists with disabilities. It helps us budget for the year and make life-altering decisions for a more inclusive arts sector in our communities.
If interested in making a tax-deductible donation to The Ikouii Creative – Please visit our donation page HERE.