Ann Marie DiStefano
ANN MARIE was born in 1961 in Boston, Massachusetts. She studied at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, and at the Carving Studio & Sculpture Center in Rutland, Vermont under B. Amore (formerly known as Bernadette A. D’Amore), a world-renowned sculptor.
DiStefano traveled to Cararra, Italy, studying marble carving at the Studio Di Nicole. Her work has been exhibited since 1980, and is included in numerous collections and private showings. DiStefano’s art is privately owned by numerous collectors.
With each work of art, I take several things into consideration: choices of style and color, emotional approach, and degree of experimentation. My disability (mental illness) informs my work strongly, and my approach draws from a critical eye kept on precedent. As works evolve, experimentation leads to new directions—and, ultimately, surprise.
· Solo Exhibit, “Stop the Stigma”, Chrysalis Salon – Tulsa, OK
· Floating World Gallery – Tulsa, OK
· Club 209 Arts Bar – Tulsa, OK
· Dennis R. Neil Building – Tulsa, OK
· Solo Exhibit, Bunker Hill Community College Gallery – Charlestown, MA
· “The Carver’s Quest”, Gallery Nature and Temptation – Boston, MA
· “The Carving Studio”, Vermont Marble Company Gallery – Rutland, VT
· “The First Show of the Last Decade”, “Across the Board”, “At Once” (drawing exhibit),
Grossman Gallery, Museum of Fine Arts School – Boston, MA
· “Sleep on It”, collaborative installation at the Space Gallery – Boston, MA
· Traveling Scholars Exhibition, Museum of Fine Arts – Boston, MA
· Traveling Scholarship Award
· Museum School Council Award
· Annual Sculpture Award
· Dennis R. Neil Equality Center – Tulsa, OK